This course introduces students with basic HTML skills to PHP scripting language. The course refreshes the students on webservers and how the request-response works. They are guided on how to install and run the Apache webserver-XAMPP: Apache is the PHP webserver. The students are further shown how to use the language, how it integrates with HTML and the Bootstrap framweork, how it helps connect and manipulate databases contents and how Ajax perfectly fits to make web content asynchronously dynamic with JQuery. The course further looks at implementing security on PHP web applications.
The following objectives are intended:
1. Understanding How webservers work-Apache.
2. Installation of Xampp.
3. Creating HTML webpages and linking them with PHP.
4. PHP Syntax through examples.
5. Understanding of How Ajax works.
6. Implementing Ajax using JQuery.
7. Working with JSON data.
8. Working with MySQL databases- MySQLi syntax.
9. Implementing security in PHP applications.